BWC School of Witchcraft
WICCA – First Degree Course
There are 12 main lessons in the First Degree program.
The recommended time frame to complete your studies is one year. This is a guideline only – you can complete the entire course as fast as you like. The 1 year recommended guideline allows for the student to;
- Read the study material
- Conduct further research into the monthly topic
- Practice the lessons
- Refine skills
- Communicate with teacher – if needed
Students who rush through the content and who do not take the time to physically try the activities and exercises in the lessons will not understand the craft, and will forget the foundations, or basics of witchcraft easily.
IMPORTANT: Those students looking to continue on into advanced magick also need a foundation in basic witchcraft, in order to have a full understanding of magick and available resources. It is also important to understand the background of the craft in which you will be spending vast periods of time.
If you want to be powerful, especially among your peer witches, pagans, wiccans etc, you MUST understand
- What others already know
- What others don’t know
- The differences between the traditions & methods
By the end of the Year 1 course, the student will:
- Have a full understanding of what is required to practice Wicca.
- The ability to complete rituals as a solo practitioner
- Feel comfortable attending and participating in group ceremonies and gatherings
OPTION: If you are looking to complete a long terms self study program with BWC School of Witchcraft, we offer an option for self-dedication or dedication in front of teacher or BWS in an online ceremony.
Year 1 : Wicca
Traditions & Beliefs
- General Beliefs and Practices.
- History of Wicca.
- Different Traditions.
- Key Personalities.
- Research Project: Research a Tradition.
- Exercises: The Tree. Pentagram Visualization.
Buy single lesson
The Goddess and God of the Witches
- Wiccan Attitudes Towards Deity.
- The Great Wheel of the Year.
- The Deities of the Witches.
- The Divine Feminine.
- The Divine Masculine.
- A Variety of Goddesses and Gods.
- Research Project: Find out about a Deity.
- The Cleansing Rain.
- Casting a Spell.
- The Opening of the Temple.
- Preparing the Space.
- The Altar.
- Casting the Circle.
- Consecration of the Cakes and Ale.
- Taking Down the Temple.
- The Opening of the Temple, Coven Version.
- Research Project: Working on the Opening Ceremony.
- Exercises: Physical Exercise. The Will
Magical Tools and Garb
- Tools of the Trade.
- Research Project: Tools and Clothing.
- Exercises: The Candle. The Light Within. Projecting Consciousness
The Art of Magic
- The Art of Magic.
- Basic Skills.
- Different Ways to Make Magic.
- A Ten Point Magical Key.
- More Advanced Magical Work.
- Research Project: Organising Magic Effectively.
- Exercises: The Flat Land. The Copper Pocket Watch.
- Moon Magic.
- The Moon in History and Religion.
- The Moon in Astrology.
- Research Project: Finding Out about the Moon.
- To See the Aura.
- To Sense the Aura.
- Manipulating the Aura to Heal.
Option to buy this lesson book
- Midsummer Solstice or Litha.
- Modern Summer Solstice Celebrations.
- Midsummer Solstice Ceremony.
- Midwinter Solstice Ceremony.
- Making the Solstice Seasons Special.
- Research Project: Solstice Events.
Exercises: The Making of Herbal Charms.
Appendices: Midsummer and Midwinter Rituals for Covens or Families.
Single lesson purchase option
The Lesser Sabbats, Part Two: The Equinox
- What is an Equinox?
- Spring Equinox.
- Relevant Gods and Goddesses.
- Elements from the Gardnerian Book of Shadows.
- Spring Equinox Ceremony.
- Autumn Equinox or Mabon.
- Research Project: Studying the Time of the Equinoxes.
Exercises: Psychic Balance. Developing Intuition. Prediction Skills. Psychometry.
Appendix: Designing Rituals.
The Greater Sabbats, Part One: Imbolg and Beltane
- Imbolg Ceremony.
- Beltane Ceremony.
- Research Project: Finding out about Imbolg and Beltane.
- Exercises: Ritual Baths. Chakras.
The Greater Sabbats, Part Two: Lughnasadh and Samhain
- Lughnasadh Celebration.
- Party Ideas.
- Remembering the Dead.
- Samhain Ceremony.
- Research Project: Attitudes Towards Death
Exercises: Choosing a Craft Name. A New Wiccan Tool.
Appendix: Making Bread.
Wiccan Beliefs about the Levels of Being
- Levels of Being.
- Psychological Theories.
- Occult and Scientific Viewpoints.
- Terms Used in the Theory of Levels.
- First Steps to Travelling on the Astral Plane.
- The Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram.
- Research Project: The Archangels.
Self Dedication, Initiation and some Final Thoughts
- Final Choices.
- Dedication and Initiation Ceremonies.
- Controversial Issues.
- Research Project: Looking Forwards, Looking Back.
- Exercises: Housekeeping. Past, Present and Future.
Recognition of prior learning:
We Understand that there may be some subjects you do not want to learn AGAIN. If you would like recognition for prior learning, please email support. You will be asked you provide your knowledge in written form, which will be checked for authenticity.
BWC School of Witchcraft will recognize up to 6 courses. Fee reduction is offered. Please email support: firstname.lastname@example.org
**Proof of subject knowledge is via writing. Min 400 words.
WitchCraft – First Degree Fee:
- Self Paced Learning;
- Emailed completion certificate on course completion**
- Buy course now. Click on link below to begin.
Books are also available for individual lessons.
Just checkout the store!
Please email support: email@example.com
Wicca – First Degree
- Includes all 12 months lessons in 1 book
- 350 pages
- Certificate of completion at end of Year 1 from BWC
- Email or Facebook support
Begin your studies with BWC School of Witchcraft
These Living Wicca Today books will give you a solid foundation to build on as you continue to explore this extraordinary path.