The media loves to portray witches, ghosts, spirits, and the supernatural in…well….in the eyes of the creator of the movie! Fair enough….right?
Make sure you give your critique in the review below. If you have any great suggestions make sure you let us know those as well!
Witch Movies & Series 2015
Other Witch Movies & Books
- The Devil Rides Out – a 1934 novel by Dennis Wheatley – made into a famous film by Hammer Studios in 1968
- Rosemary’s Baby – a 1968 horror novel in which black magic is a central theme.
- The Craft – a 1996 film featuring four friends who become involved in white witchcraft but turn to black magic rituals for personal gain.
- The Harry Potter series – black magic, including various spells and curses, is referred to as “the dark arts” against which students are taught to defend themselves.
- Final Fantasy – a video game in which white and black magic are simply used to distinguish between healing/defensive spells (such as a “cure”) and offensive/elemental spells (such as “fire”) and do not carry an inherent good or evil connotation.
- Charmed – a television series in which black magic is also known as “the black arts”, “dark arts”, “dark magic” or even “evil magic”, and is used by demons and other evil beings.
- The Secret Circle – A short-lived television series featuring witches, in which there are two kinds of magic. While traditional magic helps you to connect to the energy around you, more lethal and dangerous dark magic is rooted in the anger, fear and negativity inside you. Only a few born with it can access dark magic and some are inherently stronger than others.
- The Power of Five is an entire series by Anthony Horowitz about black magic and evil sorcerers. The antagonists are all black sorcerers and are all practitioners of black magic, black magic is a means of summoning the Old Ones from their prison, Hell. Black magic often takes the form of mass murder and animation of inanimate objects.
- Night Watch – In the Night Watch book (and movie) series the magicians are grouped into two sides “Light Others” and “Dark Others”. The dark magicians are more motivated by selfish desires.
- Supernatural (U.S. TV series) – The television series Supernatural features many events and characters that feature and participate in black magic.
- The Hobbit (film series) – The films based on J. R. R. Tolkien‘s book The Hobbit feature elements of black magic centered around a character known as “the Necromancer”, however this is very seldom mentioned in the book. It later is discovered that the Necromancer is Sauron who is the principle dark character of the whole Lord of the Rings series.
- The Lord of the Rings – The Lord of the Rings’ essential antagonist is Sauron. Sauron and his followers use black magic on many events such as the creation of many of his followers and the forging of the One Ring.