Free Meditation Script
Learn how to meditate with this free meditation script.
Learning to connect with your deep unconscious mind through meditation can be very empowering. It can help you to achieve goals, develop your creativity, or overcome stress and anxiety.
Think of this analogy. Imagine an iceberg with the tip above the water and the huge bulk below the surface. This image is often used to describe the conscious and unconscious mind. We spend most of our time in our conscious thoughts, which can lead to ‘overthinking’ The real genius in all of us lies in the unconscious part of the mind.
We sometimes tap into our unconscious mind when we daydream or get creative ideas during a moment of relaxation. The only other time we spend in our unconscious thoughts is when we sleep as our conscious mind has switched off.
The following meditation is a useful discipline for clearing away conscious chatter and developing your witchcraft ability to focus. It is also a good introduction to simple meditation.
Learning how to stay focused for a short period of time is a great way to control your mind.
Stop at this point and read the script through a few times until you know what to do and then practice this discipline for the next few days. You will find that the more you practice, the deeper into trance you will go each time, and the better you will get at it.
- Go to a quiet room where there are no distractions. Light a candle and place it in front of you. Turn off all lights so the only light is from the flame of the candle.
- Sit comfortably in front of the candle and focus on the flickering flame. Watch the movement of the flame and begin to breathe very slowly and deeply, in through your nose and out through your mouth.
- Make each breath long and deep, and clear away any thoughts so your mind becomes still and centred. Don’t worry if you get the odd unwanted thought. Just centre your mind again and allow the thought to drift away. Focus on the stillness of the moment and continue to clear away any conscious thoughts. Be in the here and now and accept everything as it is. Continue to watch the flame and remain centred and focused.
- Stay in this relaxed state for as long as you like. Ten, twenty, or thirty-minute sessions are ideal. Whatever suits you. The first time you practise this mental workout focus on nothing but clearing your mind and staying centred. Don’t underestimate the power in the simplicity of this as it can be a very good discipline for quietening your conscious mind.
- After you are used to this you may decide to focus on a particular goal each time you meditate. When you do, focus on one thing at a time and keep it simple. Alternatively you can use it to find solutions or to draw upon your creativity.
- When you have finished, blow out the candle and close your eyes, and notice the thoughts that come to you at this time. You will feel refreshed and relaxed and you may find you get some inspiration or new creative ideas may come to you.
This meditation is also helpful to use before you go to sleep, as it will help you clear your head of thoughts and prepare you for a restful nights sleep.