Did you know, that a candle is a self-contained magickal system within itself! Perfect for the witch who is traveling, or just wants a simple magic practice. Its especially great if you are on a budget
Candles represent ALL 4 elements
It represents all basic elements of magic:
- Earth is represented by the unburned wax of the candle
- Air is the smoke
- Fire the flame
- Water the melted wax
Each of the elements has its own colored candle:
- green for earth
- yellow for air
- blue is for water
- red is for fire.
The color of the candles is also very important, as the different colors will bring with it its own energy and power. It is best to use a different candle for each magical purpose.
For most spells, however, you should have one or two altar candles in white, cream or natural beeswax.
A single central candle can be good for times of quiet meditation, but for more focused rituals you may prefer to light one candle to represent the Goddess on the right and another for the god polarity, on the left of the altar.
TIPS ON CANDLE BURNING
- If during your ritual you need a lot of power, light multiple candles.
- Any candle can be used in your magic, but beeswax candles are more powerful.
- The act of blowing out a candle is itself a magickal release of power, for, rather than holding the light in a snuffer, you can send it towards all who need it. This is an excellent way of releasing and directing power at the end of a rite.
- Candles prefer not to be blown out, but to be put out using a toll or wet fingertips, blowing out the candle may insult the element.
- You should never use a candle that has been lit for another ritual or purpose for spellcasting. You can use these used candles for household illumination.
- Altar candles can be used each time, as they are there for the altar.
- On the other hand, candles for banishing magick should be left to burn down and any remaining wax buried, or the unused candle disposed of in an environmentally friendly manner.
- If you are using a red candle for love and a white one for healing, keep them separate.
- To charge your candle you can rub essential oil into it, this will add power to your magic,
any oil can be used it’s a personal preference.
- Engraving a candle is a good way to bring about your wish and by adding a letter of the magical alphabet you will bring mystery and connection to the ancient art of Wicca. A simple example could be to engrave a heart for love and a dollar sign for wealth in your ritual.
A SIMPLE RITUAL
A simple candle ritual is to sit in a darkened room facing a mirror, place the candle in front of you and look at your reflection, let your eyes relax and after a few moments your face will begin to change.
Your reflection will reveal what you looked like in your past lives.
This magic ritual can also be done with a friend. Both of you sit in a darkened room with a candle between you, and as you look at each other letting your eyes relax, you will see what your friend looked like in their past lives.